Monday, July 11, 2016

Where can I not carry

With my non-resident permits, sometimes the states that will honor those change over time, so I check frequently. 

Pennsylvania, case in point.  I used to be able to carry there.  No more.

Obviously, not my home state Maryland.

But where can I?

Deleware.  Yup.  North of there, just Vermont and New Hamster. 

Everywhere else east of the Rockies I can carry with a few exceptions.  These are no-carry states for me, outside the usual suspects:

  • Florida
  • Colorado
  • Minnesota
  • Michigan
  • Illinois, of course
  • South Carolina.

Hmmmph.  South Carolina is another backslider.  Florida wants me to get THEIR lucrative non-resident permit.  But if I did that only other state that gets me... nothing.

"What about the west coast T-bolt?"

Please!  What do you think I am?

Also, Georgia trusts Utah more than Virginia.  Might be Utah's extra training requirement.

3 comments:

Comrade Misfit said...

Might want to check on NH. The last time I did, they only honor other states' resident permits. (But you can get a NH non-res permit easily enough.)

Borepatch said...

South Carolina didn't honor my Georgia permit. Weird. No problem with Virginia or NC, or all the way west out to NM. But not SC.

JTOden Realty said...

I've said it before... MOVE TO TEXAS! We are going to kick Maryland out of the Union soon anyway...