Thursday, July 7, 2011

CCW Safety II

Yes, yes, I was being sarcastic.  Mandating DA-only universally is insane.  Silly. 

Odd thing is, I shoot BETTER DA than I do SA with my carry-gun selection.  But I am broken.  You all know that.  Policy shouldn't be centered on my abilities, certainly. 

I just hit more with the 5 rounds of DA than I do with 7 rounds of .45 SA.  And I think less when I'm doing it.  If you promised me I'd put a threat down with my .22 conversion kit I'd carry a 1911 with 15 rounds of .22.  But that's not realistic, is it?  Though I'm getting better with the .45 when I have a chance to think about it.  Someday, it will all come naturally.  Until then, 5 rounds of .38+p or 12 rounds of DA Kellerman .40.

It still strikes me as odd that I shoot that DA comparatively better.  It just shouldn't be.  But I won't argue with it in the meantime.

But cops should definitely go old school with Model 10s.  There would be fewer no-knocks if that was all they had.

2 comments:

45er said...

It sounds to me like you're focusing more on your trigger pull in DA because you're actually moving an object. That is distracting you from anticipating recoil so the shot breaking is actually a surprise (like it should be). Distracting yourself (focusing) completely with your trigger squeeze is a great way to work on not anticipating.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

That's my theory, too, 45.