Wednesday, July 6, 2011

XS installed

I went ahead on put that funny XS sight on my Commander, despite misgivings from knowledgeable advisers.  Why?  I want to see for myself. 

I'll keep my full size 1911 with more conventional sights.  So I won't be out of a 1911, certainly, if the new sights are a disaster.

My Commander, ideally, is a future carry gun.  And I wouldn't use it for stuff WAY out there, where the XS sights might not perform as well.

But the proof is in the pudding.  I report back with a range report. 

I DID need to get SOME sort of tritium sights on the Commander for low light application.  And I already know I like the lollipop style sights, despite my initial prejudices.  So I am hopeful.

Update:  Range tomorrow, prolly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

got a pic of the sight picture you can post?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Follow the 'knowledgable advisors' link.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Let the Fondling begin! Actually, looking forward to the AAR re the sights.

45er said...

I'd like to hear the report. I'd say I'd like to get some more high vis sights for my 1911, but the Les Baer came with LBC adjustable sights and they're pretty big and easy to use, just don't have any high vis to them.