Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Terror

Ugh, what a nightmare.  I dreamt I impulse bought a Taurus Judge.  Ick. 

First, I am less than impressed with Taurus' reputation.  Which may be improving, but I'm not gonna take that chance.  And examination of their latest wares still shows some lesser fit and finish to make me comfortable.

Second, I own no .45LC or .410 nor guns that fire either.  And I don't want to exacerbate my caliber inventories with more categories or complexities.

Third, how good, really is .410 bird shot as a self-defense round?  Answer: not very.  Now I could go slugs for the .410, but how good is that compared to .45LC?  Might as well load all .45LC at that point in the big revolver.  But if you are going to do that, might as well buy a pistol that is designed to just fire .45LC.  But that ammo is expensive and not particularly superior to others in it's class.  Might as well just get a .45ACP revolver or a 1911 at that point.  And now we've come full circle.

Anyway, I woke up.  But only after I dreamt 3 home invaders were bothering my domicile.  In the dream I eschewd the Taurus and just dug out the S&W 686.  So even my subconscious was a bit hinky about the Judge.

Speaking of dreams, I know gunnies have gun dreams/nightmares.  When it's a bad dream, some folks' dream-gun fails to fire, others miss every shot...  My bad dreams, the gun works but the ammo is inneffective.  A .357 just barely breaks the skin, only making the bad guy mad.

10 comments:

Marty said...

Complex machines don't function in my dreams. If I understand the internals of a firearm, and it has more than a hammer drop. They fail.

D&D Magic Missiles still work great though.

Bubblehead Les. said...

It's probably that Gene Mutation you carry that says anything smaller than .308 Winchester just doesn't cut it rearing its head.

Michael W. said...

Must have been something in the air last night. I dreamed I had a 1910 Russian Maxim in 7.62X54. Even had the big opening in the top of the water jacket to shovel ice and snow in.

It worked fine........

Anonymous said...

If there were no clowns it was not a nightmare.

Stretch said...

The entire Judge line seems popular in the Fla. panhandle. Shot shells for the things that slither and hot .45LCs for furry things that growl, slash or grunt.
Still seems a bit of a niche market.

My gun nightmares usually involve a weapon that doesn't fire or inability to draw from holster or bad ammo.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

We have been SPAMed!

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Ok, I am putting on notice the truthers. Your spammage was funny the first time. Further spammage, like the missing post above, that doesn't even change the verbage, will be deleted. There are two types of jokes. "One sort goes on being funny forever. Other sort is funny once. Second time it’s dull." Repetitive crazy is funny once.

45er said...

I have a friend with a Judge. Meh. If I was still a hunting guide, I might be interested, but my .357 worked just fine for that endeavor.

My dreams are varied. Either the gun doesn't work, or when it does the rounds have no effect. .40 S&W bouncing off? What the...?

Jerome said...

Congratulations, you dreamed you were me. Yes, I impulse bought a Judge. Tried it out, not impressed, keeping it in the safe if I need a quick $300. Think I'll stick with the S&W 625 for my .45LC wheelgun needs.