Saturday, February 10, 2018

Well this is new

I don't think this was on the docket originally.

Some state delegates want to enact a change that "A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer OR POSSESS a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm."

Emphasis in the original, and that part is the change/addition from current law.

I am livid.

The way it is now, I can buy a hundred-round magazine in Virginia and have and shoot it at the range all day in Maryland.  The change mean, no bueno.  Just HAVING a $10 PMAG in this state, not being an Only One, means 3 years in prison or a $5000 fine or both.

No.

Hell no.

How many thousands of Marylanders would unwittingly become a felon overnight if this passes?

I'd have to move.

This from a guy that is mostly interested in his 7 round 1911s.


3 comments:

Paul said...

Once you pass of the lie you can ban weapons or magazines with x number of rounds then next year it can be y number of rounds.

NY has a 7 round max for their mags. Hint hint.

B said...

Why do you live there NOW? That's the question I keep asking myself.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

It's a company town, I work for the company.