Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Party Time

"People tend to tailor their economic theories to partisan preference, not vice versa. "


BS!

I am a republican because of economics.   And them GOP types tend to trend libertarian, and are more pro-gun.  I am not a Republican first, and that party membership makes me a supply-sider.

Are they a perfect match?  No.  Why not be a Libertarian?  Because I don't like weed, and want effective non-crazy policy makers.

What would I be if the GOP was supply-siders and the Dems were frothing at the mouth Pro-Second-Amendment?  Ooo, that's a hard one.


1 comment:

Windy Wilson said...

As you said, Bull! I was born into a Democrat family and voted the ticket until about 1986. In 1987 I met an editor for Reason Magazine, and subscribed. That was also about the time I realized that the pieces of culture and economics I believed in did not assemble to form any sort of current Democrat. I was in fact something of a Kennedy Democrat which meant I was a Reagan Republican. From 1988 to 2000 I voted Libertarian at the top and Republican for all the "down ticket" positions. Since the PTB gave me a choice of Bush the Younger and Mr. Glowbull warming, I haven't knowingly voted for a Democrat at any level of government. Not that it helps in the PDRK (People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia). So I agree that one does not necessarily select one's beliefs based on the party affiliation. My Leftist Brothers and their Stalinist Wives, now are a different story. I'm convinced they receive mind control waves from the TV news.