Sunday, October 14, 2018

Soup's On

It's fall, and when the air starts turning cold my thoughts turn to soup.

Now when I make soup soup, there are at least 5 portions.  Last year was been and barley.  I still have 2 portions, frozen, from LAST season.  This time, I am thinking split pea.  Which I make with lots of bacon.  For the first pot. 

Other styles I have been known to make:  Senate Bean Soup.  Also with lots of bacon.

Carrots, onions/shallots, and celert seed figures highly in my soup preparations.  Besides the bacon.  Also, some garlic.

For a second pot?  Chicken?  With rice and stars.  And carrots.

2 comments:

rick said...

I substitute farfalle instead of the lasagna noodles but otherwise follow this recipe: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/lasagna-soup-2268968

The Neon Madman said...

You inspired me, T-bolt. Tonight's supper is a nice pot of homemade chicken soup, and I'll fill up a mason jar with leftover so I can take it camping this weekend. It's time for grouse camp, and a nice hot bowl of soup when sitting around the fire will be excellent.