Sunday, May 24, 2020

Yo Vote

It's all vote by mail in Maryland June 2.  I'm told.  Haven't gotten my ballot yet.  I wonder if I will in time...

It's not too important.  Just a primary.  I hope Governor Hogan opens up the polling places, though.  I'm of the opinion that if you don't vote in person, you don't vote.

"What about military folks serving overseas, T-Bolt?  Would you disenfranchise them?  They vote for the same stuff YOU like, so that's an advantage."

Yup.  No vote.  You give up rights when you serve.  It's part of the deal.  If you concentrate the voting situation to one day, one place, in person, you can wrangle it better.  Can you cheat like that?  Yes.  But it is easier to lock it down and keep an eye out for cheaters.

I got no problem making that Tuesday a federal holiday.

1 comment:

riverrider said...

members of the military deserve to vote above all others. they are risking their lives for whence they vote. everybody else needs to get off their ass and go to the polling place. that said,i'm sure the army could figure a way to let everybody vote in person if need be. hell they built px's in the desert before the troops got there. and they sure as hell find a way to give us all our sexual harassment briefing.