Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Any Port in a Storm

I get to take the bandage off, myself today.   And shower.  Hurts a bit.  Like everything else.  I talked about the surprise mediport they made me get.  It's one thing after another.

Go in for back pain, get neck surgery instead.

Go in for neuropathy, get cancer instead.

Gain a bit more energy when they treat that and then walk out to the car two extra times during a workday and get denied care at a pharmacy after a long walk and get awful blood blisters on the soles of the feet

Go in to get a wound fixed on a foot and the cane brings on awful, crippling, carpal tunnel in my shooting hand.

Go in for cancer pills, get months of infusion tacked on as a surprise. 

Go in for a simple vaccination and they tell me I gotta go back again.  And again.  And so on.   

Well all the time ya spend trying to get back what's been took from ya, more is going out the door. After a while you just have to try to get a tourniquet on it.  

Maybe one day all this medical folderol will settle down.  Not this week, though.  It wears on you, ya know?  I knew I'd get aches and pains as I got old but I didn't think they'd come all at once, now.  Just keep going like I am gonna hit age 95 and if I don't get there let it be a surprise, I guess. 

No comments: